Information for Postdocs
Postdoctoral scholars play a vital role in supporting UCI’s research mission. Postdocs provide full-time support and expertise for faculty-led research projects, mentor graduate and undergraduate researchers, and – because many come from outside the United States — provide international perspectives in their research areas. As such, UCI values their contributions to the campus and is committed to providing training and networking that helps them get to the next step in their careers.
Role of the Graduate Division-Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Graduate Division has primary responsibility for overseeing the postdoctoral experience at UCI through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA). Dedicated to the professional success of all of our postdoctoral scholars as they prepare for their chosen careers, we provide:
- Effective management of all UC policies and procedures pertaining to postdoctoral scholars
- High-quality professional development training programs and workshops through the Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center
- Support for the development of successful mentoring networks between UCI faculty and postdoctoral scholars
- Administrative support to maintain Postdoctoral Scholar Records
- Advisory Support for the UCI Postdoctoral Scholar Association (PDA). To learn about the UCI Postdoctoral Scholars Association (PDA), visit the PDA website.