California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP)
Are you interested in learning more about faculty roles at California Community Colleges? Then apply to be an intern with the newly revamped California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP) at UCI! This program is open to UCI and UCR PhD candidates and advanced MFA students in all fields. The application is now live and you can access it by clicking here. The deadline is Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 11:59pm. Please see important program and application requirements below.
CCCIP Program Requirements:
- 2-3 quarter commitment, fall required
- Submission of learning agreement prepared by student and community college faculty mentor
- Registration in 2-8 units per quarter in UNI STU 297 (UCI Students) or GDIV 498i (UCR Students)
- Complete ALL summer trainings/workshops and a minimum of 40 hours involvement over the course of the academic year
- Quarterly check-in with the CCCIP Coordinator to review the program and your progress
- Both student and mentor must submit evaluations
During the academic year, interns will work closely with a faculty mentor at a local community college. Activities may include, but are not limited to, leading a classroom lecture, developing a classroom assignment and grading rubric, attending department meetings, and informational interviewing with community college faculty and other administrators.
CCCIP Required Summer Training:
Interns will receive a $7,500 fellowship stipend for the summer, during which they will engage in specialized training focused on community colleges and pedagogy.
- UCI DTEI Course Design Certificate (8-10 hours)
- Community College Teaching Training: Inclusive Teaching Practices at Community Colleges (1 hour)
- Community College Career Development and IDP Workshop (2 hours)
- Community College Teaching and Diversity Statements (1 hour)
Community College Faculty Panel (1 hour)
- Additional Trainings (5 hours)
Note: We encourage participants not to take on additional responsibilities during the summer training period. However, in circumstances where students need the additional financial resources, interns can take on an additional appointment up to 50% during the summer.
CCCIP Application Requirements
Applications will be reviewed using the following criteria: Experience at a community college (as a student, or instructor), Commitment Diversity and Inclusion, Postsecondary Teaching Experience, Alignment of Career goals with the CCCIP mission.
- CCCIP Form/Application and Cover Sheet
- Statement of Purpose: Please describe your aptitude and motivation for teaching, including your experience and future career goals. Please be specific about why teaching in the community college would be an especially good fit, paying particular attention to their diverse student populations and creating inclusive environments. Requirements: 1-2 pages maximum, 11 point font, double spaced with no less than 1 inch margins.
- Faculty Advisor Approval Form: *This is automatically sent to your faculty advisor via DocuSign once you have submitted your application.
- Recommendation Letter: This letter should be from someone who can speak to your abilities as a teacher. Although you may choose to have a letter written by you faculty advisor, your letter writer does not need to be your faculty advisor.
Want to learn more? Attend our upcoming CCCIP Information Session on Wednesday, February 9 at 1-2pm. You can register using this link. We hope to see you there! Questions about the CCCIP can be emailed to CCCIP@uci.edu.