California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP)
The California Community College Internship Program (CCCIP) is a year-long program that provides qualifying graduate students interested in teaching or administration the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience in a community college setting. Participating graduate students can expect focused training and professional development, opportunities for teaching experiences and curriculum development, mentorship from current community college faculty in their field, and other preparatory experiences core to a community college career.
The CCCIP is open to UC Irvine and UC Riverside PhD and MFA students in all fields. Students must be enrolled full-time, be in good academic standing, and have advanced to candidacy prior to starting the program in the summer. Interns will receive a $7,500 fellowship stipend for the summer, during which they will engage in specialized training focused on teaching and career development.
Recruitment for the 2023-2024 academic year has concluded. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in winter quarter.
- Completion of all summer training including but not limited to:
- UCI DTEI Course Design Certificate
- Inclusive Teaching Practices at Community Colleges
- Community College Career Development
- Individual Development Plan Workshop
- Community College Teaching and Diversity Statements
- Community College Faculty Panel
- Internship commitment of at least two quarters, with fall quarter required.
- Submission of a learning agreement that outlines all required and anticipated internship activities, prepared and reviewed by the intern and community college faculty mentor.
- Registration in 2 – 8 units of UNI STU 297 (UCI students) or GDIV 498i (UCR students) per quarter of participation.
- Fall quarter check-in meeting with the CCCIP Coordinator.
- Attendance at winter and spring quarter cohort meetings.
- Submission of post-program evaluations by both the intern and mentor.
Note: participants are encouraged to not take on additional responsibilities during the summer training period. However, in circumstances where students need additional financial resources, interns may take on an additional appointment up to 50%. This is only during the summer period.
Applications for the 2024-2025 CCCIP cohort will open in winter quarter 2024.
Applications are considered based on benefit to the student, alignment of career goals with the CCCIP mission, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Students do not need prior experience as a learner or instructor in the community college setting. Students without community college teaching experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Questions about the CCCIP can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.