Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center
Dedicated to supporting the academic and professional success of all UC Irvine graduate students and postdoctoral scholar, the Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center (GPSRC) has everything you need to succeed. The GPSRC offers workshops and programs designed to support professional development; writing support; communication; preparation of grant and fellowship funding applications; wellness and work-life balance; mentoring and much more! Programs are open to all domestic and international Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars, free of cost.
COVID-19 Impact on GPSRC Programming:
One-on-one appointments will continue to take place virtually via Zoom.
Graduate Students: Appointments are available from the Division of Career Pathways by visiting uci.joinhandshake.com and selecting the appropriate appointment type for your needs.
Postdocs: Appointments with Dr. Kayleigh Anderson-Natale, Director of Postdoc and Professional Development can be made by following this link. Graduate students may also make an appointment with Dr. Anderson-Natale if they are unable to make an appointment with the Division fo Career Pathways.
We appreciate your flexibilty during this time. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for updates about fall professional development workshops and certificate programs.
Thank you for your understanding. For more information please click here for ongoing updates COVID-19 updated regarding graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
Undergraduate Graduate Preparation Advising
Graduate Division staff hold weekly 20 minute appointments to address undergraduate questions about graduate school. This support includes exploring graduate school options, navigating the application process, understanding funding options, and building research experience. During Winter quarter this service is available by appointment. Schedule your appointment here.
- Support during the transitions of new graduate students and postdocs to the UC Irvine campus
- Host academic courses and certificate programs for professional and personal development
- Individual consultation for career planning, funding opportunities, public speaking coaching and graduate preparation
- Resource library – To support the academic and professional development of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, the GPSRC manages a resource library filled with books on topics including:
- Scientific writing and communication
- How to conduct research
- Writing for non-native English speakers
- Career options outside of academia
- Reservable space for studying, meetings and events, email email@example.com.
- Building connections to campus resources and with other graduate students
Stop by to explore the many resources we have to offer or contact us by phone 949-824-3849 or email.
Contact Us: Hours and Location
The Graduate & Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center (GPSRC) is open:
- Monday through Thursday 10 am - 4 pm (Closed 12 pm - 1 pm)
- Friday's 9 am - 5 pm (Virtually)
The GPSRC is located on the third floor of the Gateway Study Center - in between the Langson Library and the Cross-Cultural Center, directly across from Aldrich Hall. The main entrance is located at the rear of the building (facing Aldrich Park). Click here for a map to the GPSRC.
The need for writing assistance is a top priority for grad students and post docs. Writing support is offered in a variety of areas including:
Schedule a writing consultant appointment online or call the GPSRC at 949-824-3849.
The GPSRC works with faculty and campus resource centers to offer in-depth workshops on topics including professional development, writing skills, work-life balance, and funding opportunities including:
- $mart $tart – Salary Negotiation Skills
- How to Work with Others without Losing Friends
- Imagine Yourself Outside of Academia
- Communicating with Confidence
Upcoming workshops can be found on the Graduate Division calendar.
Register for workshops on CampusGroups. Log-in with your UCI credentials.