Application Fee Information
- The application fee is $135 for U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents, and $155 for all international applicants. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Payment must be made by credit card. Checks cannot be accepted.
- Please check in with your individual department or program to see when the application fee is due.
- Fee Waivers are available to qualified domestic applicants only. Eligibility to apply for a fee waiver is determined by program participation, US veteran status, or demonstrated financial need based on information requirements specified on the application.
Fee waivers are available for fall quarter admission for up to two state supported programs only. They are open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and DACA/AB540 eligible only; international students are not eligible. Eligibility is based on program participation, financial need or US veteran status and is determined by completion of the online application. If, based on information provided on the application, an applicant is determined to be eligible to apply for a waiver, instructions will be presented on the application itself. This will allow you to upload your required document(s) (see below) and submit your application. Your application will not be reviewed until a fee waiver is granted or the fee is paid. Please note that waivers are not automatically granted.
Fee Waiver Request Deadline:
Application fee waivers are available to eligible applicants.
Applicants requesting a fee waiver must upload and submit their graduate application 5 days before prior to their individual graduate program deadline or by March 4th (whichever comes first) of the same calendar year.
Documentation required for approving a fee waiver request must be uploaded directly to the graduate application and submitted as part of the graduate application for admission.
Applicants requesting a fee waiver who do not meet this deadline will be required to pay the application fee. Applications can be submitted before outstanding materials such as letters of recommendation and test scores are received. Those items will be matched to your application once they are received.
If you opt to not request a fee waiver and upload your documentation, the application fee will be required. All payments are final. If you submit a payment, you will not receive a refund. If your request for a fee waiver is not approved, you will receive an email requesting the application fee.
Please pay close attention to deadlines for submission of fee waiver requests and documentation. If the graduate program to which you are applying has an earlier deadline than listed above, your fee waiver documentation must be received and approved prior to the individual program’s deadline.
|Waiver Type||Who is Eligible?||Document(s) Required|
|Diversity Program Participation Based Waivers||Applicants who are participants in good standing or who were participants in good standing at the time of their graduation. |
See below for full list of programs.
|A letter or email from your program director attesting to your participation.
|U.S. Veteran||U.S. military veterans with a honorable or general discharge.||DD214|
|Financial Need-Based Waivers||Applicants who are able to demonstrate financial need based on family income.||One of the documents listed below.|
- A letter from a financial aid officer at the college or university you are currently attending. This statement must include your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $2,500.
- Your 2022-2023 Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is generated from the information you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and includes your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $2,500.
- A copy of your most recently filed Federal Income Tax Return. Please provide either your Form 1040, if listed as independent or a copy of the 2022 Federal Income Tax Return on which you are listed as a dependent. W-2 forms will not be considered for review.
- A benefits stub from your local municipality showing proof of receiving aid dated within the last 90 days.
Programs that are Eligible for Fee Waivers: