Tips for Applying to
Learn more about how to prepare to be a competitive applicant for graduate school. Below are some tips on what to do as an undergraduate and things to highlight in the graduate application, and general tips when applying.
- Start early and work on your graduate application the summer before you plan to apply.
- There are a range of free and low cost GRE test preparation materials including free practice exam on the ETS website.
- ETS also offers exam fee reduction to those who are in financial need.
- Know the application deadlines for the programs you are applying to. They vary for each institution and program. Click here to view UCI’s graduate program deadlines.
- Make sure all parts of your application have been received:
- GRE scores (if necessary)
- Electronic letters of recommendation submitted
- For information about graduate school at UC please visit: http://www.ucop.edu/graduate-studies/_files/whats-next.pdf
Tool: Timeline for Preparation