Chancellor's Club Fellowship (I)
Chancellor’s Club Fellowships recognize our most academically superior doctoral and MFA students — those who exhibit outstanding promise as scholars, researchers, and public leaders. Nominated students must be first-generation college students, with neither parent having received a four-year degree. Nominations are made by Associate Deans for scholars in their respective schools.
2021-22 Call for nominations: Friday, September 3
2021-22 Application/Nomination Deadline: Friday, October 22
Three Chancellor’s Club Fellowship recipients will be awarded a six-month stipend to total $12,000 for the period of January through June. More information about this fellowship may be found in the Chancellor’s Club Fellowship Call for Nominations. Please note that tuition and fees are not included in these fellowships. The awardees’ Schools are expected to cover tuition and fees during the award period.
All nomination materials must be received by the Graduate Division no later than Friday, October 22, 2021. Schools should send a PDF of each nominee’s materials to Turner Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Schools and Departments typically have earlier internal deadlines for fellowship submissions. Please contact your School or Department for details.
All Schools are invited to nominate one outstanding graduate student that meets the following minimum criteria:
- Plan to complete their Ph.D. or MFA degree by the end of fall quarter 2022
- Have a minimum graduate-level UCI GPA of 3.7
- If a doctoral student, be advanced to candidacy by October 22, 2021
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be willing to present their dissertation research at a Chancellor’s Club dinner or other function
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Be a first-generation college student, with neither parent having received a four-year degree
Please note that AB540 eligible students may be nominated for this fellowship competition.
All individual student nominations must consist of a single PDF file and contain the following scanned items in order:
- Completed Chancellor’s Club Fellowship Nomination Form.
- Completed Chancellor’s Club Fellowship Student Information Form, including the financial need, student profile, and student research sections.
- The student’s current curriculum vitae.
- A confidential letter of recommendation from the faculty advisor/mentor including the student’s planned term of graduation and expressing the advisor’s level of confidence in the student’s ability to complete as planned.
- Students receiving this award are required to complete their degree by the end of Fall Quarter 2022. Award funds will be returned by the school to Graduate Division in the event that the student does not meet this requirement.
- The student’s expected graduation date must be included in the faculty advisor’s letter of recommendation.
- If students have applied for and accepted Financial Aid loans or Work-Study awards and subsequently receive any fellowships, the additional support may affect their eligibility for need-based financial aid. Students should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine if their eligibility will be affected.
- Students should review the terms of any funding that they have accepted for AY 2021-2022 to ensure that they are eligible to receive additional fellowship funding.
- Recipients of these awards may not be appointed as ASEs during the award period. They may be employed as GSRs.
- Please note that tuition and fees are not included in these fellowships. The awardees’ Schools are expected to cover tuition and fees during the award period
Questions should be directed to Turner Dahl, at email@example.com or via phone, 949-824-0490