Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship
The will of Dolores Zohrab Liebmann created a perpetual charitable trust for the purpose of funding advanced education and graduate study grants, which must be carried out entirely in the United States. Mrs. Liebmann’s primary concern was to attract and support students with outstanding character and ability who hold promise for achievement and distinction in their chosen field of study. The trustees welcome applications from students of all national origins who are United States citizens. UCI may nominate three candidates for consideration.
Call for nominations: November 3, 2021
Application Deadline: December 9, 2021
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
The amount of each fellowship will cover the cost of tuition (no fees) and a stipend of $18,000.
- Applicants must be pursuing a program of study that includes any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- Applicants must have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be United States citizens.
- One copy of your personal vitae or resume.
- One certified (official) copy of each undergraduate and graduate transcript to date.
- One copy of your graduate exam test scores (if applicable).
- A statement of purpose (up to three pages, double-spaced) which considers the relationship between your graduate level study and your intended personal and/or professional goals. The SOP must include a 10-15 line abstract at the top (included in the three pages) that explains, in LAYMAN’s terms, the essence of your proposed topic of study or dissertation, the methodology of its treatment and its anticipated impact on your field of study.
- Letter of recommendation from your Dean of Graduate School or Department Chair.
- Letters of recommendation from at least two professors who have taught or worked closely with you (required).
- One copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- One copy of your Financial Aid Summary from your school.
Note: Candidates whose applications are selected for submission to the trustees for consideration will be required to submit one copy of their Federal Income Tax Return for the prior two years (including spouse’s returns, if applicable). This is not required for internal review.