DAAD Study Scholarships & Long-Term Research Grants (Int)
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is a registered members association made up of German institutions of higher education and student bodies. DAAD provides young people with the opportunity to gain international academic and research experience in Germany. Since it was founded in 1925, DAAD has provided funding to more than 1.9 million scholars in Germany and abroad.
Call for nominations: October 8, 2021
Application/Nomination Deadline: 12 noon, October 29, 2021
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
A. Study Scholarships (non-artistic fields)
Candidates who have received an undergraduate degree of all disciplines may apply for the DAAD Study Scholarship for study at a German university as part of a postgraduate program completed in the home country. APPLICANTS FOR INDEPENDENT STUDY/RESEARCH SHOULD APPLY FOR A RESEARCH GRANT. For more information, including complete eligibility and application requirements, and to access the online application, visit the DAAD website.
Application Deadlines for Study Scholarships (non-artistic fields):
- UCI Internal Deadline: 12 noon, October 29, 2021.
- DAAD Deadline: November 4, 2021.
- The funding period is usually one academic year (October 1, 2021-July 31, 2022). Extensions are not possible.
B. Research Grants – One Year Grants
Research Grants-One Year Grants are awarded to highly qualified candidates who have completed a Master’s degree, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research. For more information, including complete eligibility and application requirements, and to access the online application, visit the DAAD website.
Application Deadlines for Research Grants-One Year Grants:
- UCI Internal Deadline: 12 noon, October 28, 2020.
- DAAD Deadline: November 4, 2020.
- Funding period begins October 1, 2021 and may range from seven to 10 months. Earlier start dates are not possible and grants are not renewable. There are no exceptions to the funding period.
Internal Application Procedures
Applicants should ask (1) Reference to:
- Fill out the reference form available on the DAAD portal.
- Email signed Reference to firstname.lastname@example.org for the pre-selection by the internal deadline. Important: Because of the current pandemic situation, professors can send signed Reference directly to campus advisor via email . Note that the campus advisor is permitted to open the reference and email it to DAAD.
Applicants submit to Graduate Division by the internal deadline:
- A PDF file of their application summary which is generated from the online application portal. Applicants must first submit all required documents via the online portal in order to receive a PDF version of their application summary for submission for the pre-selection, to email@example.com.