Matching Program 2.0
The second phase of the UCI Graduate Division Matching Program in support of graduate student fellowships offers an incentive for donors to further their impact in support of graduate students across campus. The opportunity provides a $3 million matching pool to encourage new endowment gifts for graduate student fellowships through December 2023.
How It Works
The UCI Graduate Division will match dollar for dollar the endowment payout for 10 years on new endowments of $25,000 or more for Ph.D. and M.F.A. fellowships, and academic masters programs.
The UCI Graduate Division will match 50% of gifts of $5,000 or more for current use gifts for support of summer fellowships and some dissertation writing fellowships.
Can I choose the specific school that I would like to have the graduate fellowship endowment benefit?
Yes, funds from the second phase of the matching program can be directed to funds established in any of the schools and receive the match. In addition, a portion of the matching funds will support investment in campus wide programs that support the success of graduate students overall in specific schools. Please see the accompanying giving opportunities on the back of this flyer.
Can the donor contribute to an existing endowment?
This matching opportunity is intended to primarily be used as an incentive for gifts that establish new graduate fellowship endowments.
At UCI Graduate Division, we strive to:
- Recruit the best students to UCI and provide them a high-quality experience and education.
- Provide the graduate level educational resources students need before, during, and after their time at UCI.
- Help our graduate scholars launch their careers, whether it be in academia, industry, entrepreneurship, non-profit, or government.
To make this possible we must excel in the following four areas:
- Lifelong Learning
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Student Success & Wellness
- Partnership with Industry
Impact Graduate Students Campus wide
- Endowed interdisciplinary fellowships across schools
- Summer fellowships and select writing fellowships
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Endowed support to promote diversification of the professoriate
Promote Student Success & Wellness
- Endowed support of affordable housing supplements for graduate students
- Support the Graduate Scholar Success Fund to help with emergency needs
- This fund was set up to financially aid graduate students who experience unexpected hardships or tragedies. These can range from illness to transpiration need. Hardship can come in all shapes and sizes.
- Seed Funding for Interdisciplinary Training Grants
Graduate Innovation Fellows
In collaboration with the UCI Graduate Division, UCI Beall Applied Innovation’s (BAI) Graduate Innovation Fellowship aims to create a culture which encourages, cultivates, supports, and rewards the creativity, innovation, translation, and commercialization of research at UCI for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. The program offers co-curricular entrepreneurship training and hands-on experiences to help graduate students transform research ideas into successful business ventures.
For more information contact:
Valerie Amador, M.A., CFRE
Assistant Dean for Alumni and External Affairs