Phi Beta Kappa International Scholarships (I)
Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association International Scholarships are for foreign students engaged in their final year of graduate study. Visit the Phi Beta Kappa Alumni Association website for more detailed information about the program.
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
Call for nominations: February 10, 2021
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
One scholarship will be awarded per academic institution, in the amount of $1,000.
- Candidates should be in their final year of study during the 2021-22 academic year. Evidence of registration for Fall 2021 is required before checks to awardees can be distributed. Students on filing fee in Fall 2021 are not eligible.
- Candidates are pursuing a Ph.D. or the usual terminal degree in their field. The only supported terminal Master’s degree at UCI is the MFA. Professional degrees (MBA, JD, MD) are not supported.
- Candidates should be returning to their home country soon after earning their degree.
- Candidates must demonstrate both academic excellence and significant need.
- Candidates are not limited to persons who come from underdeveloped or developing countries.
- Awards are to be made without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, or creed.
- Repeat awards will not be considered.
- Students must complete the PBK Application Form.
- Faculty must complete the PBK Faculty Recommendation Form.
- A completed application must include the following:
- A fully completed application form
- A short essay on scholarly and professional ambitions (not necessarily limited to the space provided)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, including the student’s dissertation chair (for doctoral candidates)
- A justification of need (rough estimate)
- Current unofficial transcript