Otto W. Shaler Scholarship (I)
The Otto W. Shaler Scholarship provides financial support to international graduate students who have financial need, and who demonstrate outstanding past academic achievement as well as future promise. Each school may submit no more than two applications for this award.
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
Call for nominations: October 19, 2021
Application Deadline: November 23, 2021
This award provides resident fees and a stipend of $7,000 during Spring Quarter of the academic year of the award. Nonresident supplemental tuition and professional degree supplemental tuition are not included.
- International students pursuing a Ph.D. or master’s degree. Students enrolled in self-supporting programs are not eligible.
- Must be in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
Students submit the application materials below to their school representative and should check with their school representative for internal deadlines.
- Otto W. Shaler Scholarship Application Form – with all signatures
- Statement of financial need from faculty advisor or department chair
- Recommendation letter from faculty advisor or department chair
- Statement of research, written for reviewers in other fields – approximately one page
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial transcripts through Spring Quarter
- Copy of passport page showing country of citizenship. Residency will be verified via the student information system.