James Harvey Scholar (I)
The James Harvey Scholar award provides financial support to graduate students who demonstrate outstanding past academic achievement as well as future promise, have financial need, and are completing a publishable thesis or dissertation on homosexuality or the life or works of James Harvey.
Call for nominations: October 19, 2021
Application Deadline: November 23, 2021
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
This award provides resident fees and a stipend of $7,000 during Spring Quarter of the academic year of the award. Nonresident supplemental tuition and professional degree supplemental tuition are not included.
- Students must be pursuing a Ph.D. or master’s degree. Students enrolled in self-supporting programs are not eligible.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must have advanced to candidacy and be in their final year of study.
- Must be writing a thesis or dissertation on homosexuality or the life or works of James Harvey. Priority will be given to students researching male homosexuality.
Complete the application form, obtain the signature of the Graduate Associate Dean in your school and send to email@example.com with the following:
- James Harvey Scholar Application Form – with all signatures
- U.S. citizens apply for FAFSA – attach a copy of confirmation.
- International students – statement of financial need from faculty advisor or department chair.
- Recommendation letter from faculty advisor or department chair
- Statement of research, written for reviewers in other fields – approximately one page
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial transcripts through Spring Quarter