Gordon Hein Scholarship (I)
The Gordon Hein Scholarship provides financial support to graduate students who demonstrate outstanding past academic achievement as well as future promise, have financial need, and are blind or legally blind. Certification by the Disability Services Center is required.
Call for nominations: October 19, 2021
Application Deadline: November 23, 2021
For more information contact: Sonia Lepe
This award provides resident fees and a stipend of $7,000 during Spring Quarter of the academic year of the award. Nonresident supplemental tuition and professional degree supplemental tuition are not included.
Students must be pursuing a Ph.D. or master’s degree. Students enrolled in self-supporting programs are not eligible.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be blind or legally blind APPLICATION PROCESS Complete the application form, obtain the signature of the Graduate Associate Dean in your school and send to email@example.com with the following:
- Gordon Hein Scholarship Application Form – with all signatures
- U.S. citizens apply for FAFSA – attach a copy of confirmation. International students – statement of financial need from faculty advisor or department chair.
- Recommendation letter from faculty advisor or department chair
- Statement of research, written for reviewers in other fields – approximately one page
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial transcripts through Spring Quarter
- Certification (signature on form) from Disability Services Center