UC Irvine Diversity Recruitment Fellowship
The UC Irvine Diversity Recruitment Fellowship program is designed to supplement financial support packages of admitted doctoral and M.F.A. diversity students.
Each award will be up to $5,000 to top-off their original award, and programs are encouraged to provide matching funds.
The award is paid in three monthly stipends during the Summer 2019 (Competitive Edge Participation Only), Fall 2019, Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 only.
DRF, Provost PhD and Nevin cannot be used in the same quarter
A student may not recieve both the DRF and GDRF
- Nominee needs to be a US citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 eligible.
- Nominee needs to be eligible under the University of California definition of diversity.
- Nominee must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate and master’s (if applicable) GPA
- Nominee must have a pending SIR
- Nominee must be interviewed during the admissions process by the department in order to be considered for this fellowship. Method of interview can be in-person, by phone, or Skype, etc. Email correspondence is NOT acceptable.
- Complete and submit the DRF form outlining how the student would improve the quality and diversity of our student population and why you believe that this fellowship will help recruit the student.
In addition to DRF funding, admitted doctoral and M.F.A. students may be eligible for an additional $10,000 in funding (disbursed in $5,000 increments in year 1 and year 2) if they attended a MSI as an undergraduate. Please refer to the directory to determine institution eligibility: https://inclusion.uci.edu/msi/msi-directory/.
- Optional: upload original admission and financial offer letter from nominating program.
Questions should be directed to Daniel Fabrega.
Nominations will be accepted until funding allocated to the program has been exhausted. First awards will be announced in mid-February.