UC Irvine Diversity Recruitment Fellowship
The UC Irvine Diversity Recruitment Fellowship program is designed to supplement financial support packages of admitted doctoral and M.F.A. diversity students.
Each award will be up to $5,000 to top-off their original award, and programs are encouraged to provide matching funds.
The award is paid in three monthly stipends during the Summer 2018 (Competitive Edge Participation Only), Fall 2018 , Winter 2019 or Spring 2019 only.
DRF, Provost PhD and Nevin cannot be used in the same quarter
A student may not recieve both the DRF and GDRF
- Nominee needs to be a US citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 eligible.
- Nominee needs to be eligible under the University of California definition of diversity.
- Nominee must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate and master’s (if applicable) GPA
- Nominee must have a pending SIR
- Nominee must be interviewed during the admissions process by the department in order to be considered for this fellowship. Method of interview can be in-person, by phone, or Skype, etc. Email correspondence is NOT acceptable.
- Complete and submit the GDRF/DRF nomination form outlining how the student would improve the quality and diversity of our student population and why you believe that this fellowship will help recruit the student.
- Along with the completed nomination form, please submit a scanned copy of the student's application (copy of the application from DAVAD, letters of recommendation, and a copy of the original admission and financial offer letter(s) from the nominators program)and any other relevant supporting documents.
- The nomination package should be emailed to email@example.com. The subject line should include the name of the fellowship, last name of nominee and student ID number for the nominated student. For example: "DRF_Smith_12345678".
- Please do not send DRF and GDRF nominations in the same email.
Questions should be directed to Long Nguyen 949-824-3512.
Nominations will be accepted until funding allocated to the program has been exhausted. First awards will be announced in mid-February.