Tom Angell Fellowship (I)
The Graduate Division is now accepting nominations for the Tom Angell Fellowship, which will be awarded in winter 2022. This fellowship is intended to honor Tom Angell’s contributions as our Graduate Counselor to graduate student wellness and retention. The award is open to graduate students, faculty, and postdoctoral scholars.
One $500 fellowship award will be made to one graduate student; one $500 award will be made to one faculty member; and one $500 award will be made to one postdoctoral scholar. The faculty award must be used as a fellowship to a student of the faculty’s choice. The student and postdoctoral scholar awards must be used to support student/postdoc professional development.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 4, 2022
- Must have shown excellent mentorship of UC Irvine graduate students
Graduate Student Nominees
- Must have shown excellent mentorship of fellow UC Irvine students
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress
Postdoctoral Scholar Nominees
- Must have shown excellent mentorship of UC Irvine graduate students or fellow postdoctoral scholars.
*Please confirm that the nominee holds a postdoctoral title with UCI before submitting a nomination.
- Nominee has been recognized for their mentorship through receipt of awards or delegation of responsibility in mentorship
- Nominee has mentored on a consistent basis through their time at UCI
- Nominee has gone above and beyond the normal responsibilities of their position to create new opportunities for mentorship
For more information please contact Turner Dahl
Save the Date: Recipients will be honored at the annual Inclusive Excellence Event hosted by the Office of Inclusive Excellence on March 1, 2022, from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. All nominees and nominators are encouraged to attend (location and additional details will be posted at: https://inclusion.uci.edu).