Diversity Recruitment Fellowship (D, R)
The UC Irvine Diversity Recruitment Fellowship program is designed to supplement financial support packages of admitted doctoral and M.F.A. diversity students.
Each award will be up to $5,000 to top-off their original award paid on September 1, 2022 contingent on fall enrollment.
If a student is awarded a DRF and is participating in Competitive Edge, their DRF funds will be disbursed throughout the summer program (not September 1st) unless the department requests otherwise.
- Nominee needs to be a US citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 eligible.
- Nominee needs to be eligible under the University of California definition of diversity.
- Nominee must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate and master’s (if applicable) GPA.
- Nominee must have a pending SIR.
- Nominee must be interviewed during the admissions process by the department in order to be considered for this fellowship. Method of interview can be in-person, by phone, or Skype, etc. Email correspondence is NOT acceptable.
There is no nomination process. Award process is administered at the school and/or department level.
Graduate Division Contact: Questions can be directed to Mariela Menendez at firstname.lastname@example.org