Outstanding graduate students from around the globe are coming to UC Irvine to discover new gateways to academic, research, leadership and character excellence. Situated in Irvine, the safest city in the US, UCI is the youngest member of the Association of American Universities, the 61 premier research institutions in North America. Identified by Times Higher Education as first in the U.S. and fourth in the world among the best universities under fifty years old, UCI also ranks 34th nationally in the number of doctoral degrees conferred each year.
We welcome students who are passionate about learning and discovery. Each year nearly 1,000 international graduate students from over 65 different countries are enrolled at UC Irvine. Over 60% of our postdoctoral scholars come from countries outside of the U.S. With the international backgrounds of our faculty, and our diverse U.S. student population, we have a dynamic multicultural research and educational environment that is unparalleled.
Learn about UCI faculty who share your research interests, with our Faculty Profile System.
Interested? Apply now, or Learn more about our:
- Highly-ranked degree programs.
- Admissions standards and academic qualifications. We welcome applications from students with U.S. bachelor's degrees or equivalent degrees from institutions of recognized standing in other countries. Assessment of a degree from an international institution is based on the characteristics of the national system of education, the type of institution attended, and the level of studies completed. In addition, international students must meet other requirements, and must demonstrate English language proficiency.
We are committed to your academic and professional success. UC Irvine offers a highly-supportive community with the specialized resources and services you will need to achieve your academic and career goals.
Resources and services include:
- Supporting your transition to UC Irvine: The Graduate InterConnect Program
- Outstanding on-campus graduate student housing: On-campus living
- Community Atmosphere: Balancing work with fun
- Supportive Communications Assistance: Improving your English language skills
- Funding your Graduate Program: Employment Opportunities and Fellowships
- Social media:
Special Programs: we are actively developing agreements with countries and international institutions to bring excellent international students here for graduate study at UCI. A sampling includes: