Postdoctoral scholars play a vital role in supporting UCI's research mission. Postdocs provide full-time support and expertise for faculty-led research projects, mentor graduate and undergraduate researchers, and – because many come from outside the United States — provide international perspectives in their research areas. As such, UCI values their contributions to the campus and is committed to providing training and networking that helps them get to the next step in their careers.
Links to additional information including Postdoc Orientation, Postdoc Weekly Update, Career Development, etc. are available at the top left.
Role of the Graduate Division
The Graduate Division has primary responsibility for overseeing the postdoctoral experience at UCI. Dedicated to the professional success of all of our postdoctoral scholars as they prepare for their chosen careers, the UCI Graduate Division provides:
- Effective management of all UC policies and procedures pertaining to postdoctoral scholars through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- High-quality professional development training programs and workshops through the Graduate Resource Center
- Support for the development of successful mentoring networks between UCI faculty and postdoctoral scholars
- Administrative support to maintain Postdoctoral Scholar Records
- Advisory Support for the UCI Postdoctoral Scholar Association (PDA). To learn about the UCI Postdoctoral Scholars Association (PDA), visit the PDA website.
Questions? Contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs Map to the OPA
Upcoming Events for Postdoctoral Scholars
This calendar includes events sponsored by the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, Graduate Resource Center (GRC), UCI Postdoctoral Association (PDA), GPS-BIOMED and other campus units.
Postdoctoral Scholar Exit Survey-POSES To be completed during the last month of postdoctoral training at UC Irvine.